Machine Learning Group JP, Department of Computer Science (DCS)
The research group led by Sophie Fellenz focuses on the field of machine learning, with a particular emphasis on methods for data generation. This includes techniques that are capable of producing different types of data, such as text, time series, or other formats.
In particular, the group explores the generation of text using extensive language models. In this context, Fellenz's team investigates how the style and content of a text can be deliberately manipulated, altered, and objectively evaluated. Another area of research for the group involves the analysis of large volumes of text. For this purpose, topic models are used, which make it possible to systematically analyze and structure the content of extensive text collections.
A specific application area for Fellenz's research and her team is in chemical process engineering. Here, they focus, for example, on chemical processes in which various substances are synthesized. These processes are continuously monitored by a wide array of sensors. The extensive data sets resulting from this monitoring are used to create precise forecasts, which can contribute to increasing the efficiency and safety of chemical production.
AddressUniversity of Kaiserslautern-Landau
Department of Computer Science
Machine Learning Group JP
RPTU Campus Kaiserslautern, Machine Learning Group
Building 36, Room 325
0631 205 2635, 0631 205 3286
- Machine Learning (ML): Self-Supervised Learning, Reinforcement Learning (RL), Unsupervised Learning, Feature Engineering/Feature Extraction
- Technology Analysis: Sociological Aspects, Human-AI Interaction
Application related Research
- 13.12.2023 - 15.12.2023: Lehrerfortbildung in Informatik - Vortrag "Themen- und Sprachmodelle: Maschinelles Lernen auf Textdaten" von Jun.-Prof. Dr. Sophie Fellenz
- 19.10.2023: Impulsvortrag und Workshop zu Möglichkeiten der Nutzung Künstlicher Intelligenz im bibliothekarischen Umfeld
- 13.10.2023: Vortrag von Jun.-Prof. Sophie Fellenz zum Thema ChatGPT bei der Summer School Studium & Lehre "Von Menschen und ihren Maschinen - KI in der Hochschullehre"
- 25.05.2023: Talk on ChatGPT in the University Classroom: Opportunities, Challenges, and Best Practices by Jun.-Prof. Dr. Sophie Fellenz, Machine Learning Group, University of Kaiserslautern-Landau (RPTU)
AI Research Projects
- FOR 5359: DFG Research Group KI-FOR FOR 5359: Deep Learning on sparse chemical process data
Duration: 01.11.2022 - 31.10.2026, Funding Organization: DFG
- TTK2C: Translation of thermodynamic knowledge to computers
Duration: 01.01.2021 - 31.12.2024, Funding Organization: DFG
- SeDis: Semantic Disentanglement: Distinguishing Style from Subject in Text Data
Duration: 01.06.2020 - 31.05.2024, Funding Organization: BMBF
- ML+PM: Machine learning and physical modeling
Duration: 01.01.2020 - 31.12.2025, Funding Organization: Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung